Sunday, September 6, 2009

It is Columbus Day yet?



Yep...I am going to be on the road again. But I am flying...out of Logan, on Midwest. I am not looking forward to flying out of Logan and on an airline other than Southwest. Southwest crews are the best. Hands down. To be a plane for two hours without them would be so sad. And expensive. But I had a choice, 2.5 drive with nasty traffic from Midway, or a bit more than an hour from Milwaukee.

And I have to rent a car. So I have to curtail the drinking (I would with my own car. Who needs to lose their license?) AND no bringing goodies home. Sigh. But 18 hours is a long drive. I keep telling myself I will drive up after Christmas. But I am sure there will be a HUGE Midwestern storm and I will never make it out of Indiana. At least there are goats and a pony there.

Don't get me wrong. I am so SUPER EXCITED to go back to Madison. Since I plan on getting a small condo or apartment for the summer, I better start getting myself ingrained in the community.

And I a bummed about not taking classes this semester. I mean yeah, I have an impossible paper due in two weeks, but it is obviously not the same. Maybe I can create a mini-course myself. Hey if I read a few books, I can get PDPs for it. Maybe something on how technology is not necessarily the best for students? You know, a back to basics manifesto. Off to do some more lesson planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment