Friday, May 7, 2010

A A A A Achoo

Well, did my Christmas trip go as planned? Of course not. Got two flu shots and then got sick. So spent it on the couch. But New Years weekend, went to Albany. Might go back this weekend and then to Hyde Park to see FDR's home. Want to see Teddy's. but that is on Long Island.

I did go back to WI in February and April. Can you say LOVE? So if I love it so much why don't I just move there? Well, have you seen the economy lately? Making such a huge move would be difficult and well pretty damn expensive. Last time I moved gas prices were half of what they are now and I moved 30 miles...this is 1100+. I would have to save quite a bit. And I have tenure here, why start all over again?

But have you been there? Ice fishing...on the Mississippi. Cool stuff at UW on Lake Mendota. The landscape is absolutely beautiful. The people are great. Taliesin. Miller Park. House on the Rock. Milwaukee Museum of Art (REAL COOL). I could go on, but I have to visit some more. Maybe when the economy gets better, or I get engaged to someone from there. So in other words, breathe not being held. Plus I would have to find a job.

Wanted to spend August there, but of course, other stuff, good stuff in the way. Maybe a week or two. Check my other blog for more details. Well that is it for now. Too much stuff to do in the am.

No comments:

Post a Comment