Tuesday, July 21, 2015

The end is near

Or as I am calling it, the Keeping me Honest post.

Yes, the end is near.  I thought Whiteface was bad, and it was because it was subcontinent, rainforest hot.  Owls Head was a wonderful walk through the Pemi Wilderness.  Then came the scree laden slide of death swarming with black flies and blowdowns.  But, it was still a walk in the Pemi, and we know how much I love the Pemi.

The hills are alive with the sound Simon and Garfunkel and James Taylor.
So now there are 3.  Passaconaway.  Isolation.  And finally Cabot.  Then it will be over.  My NH48 will be complete.  Of course, I will redo some.  The Cats from Pinkham.  Franconia Ridge.  A Presi traverse, or semi Presi.  The Carters on a bluebird day.  Gridding Tecumseh and maybe Pierce.  Moosilauke is still needed for July (AT miles).  Trail magic hike.  And of course, a Pemi Loop.  I have to do a Pemi Loop.  However, I have to find 4 great days.  See the freedom finishing the 48 affords you?

And I just found out I got picked as an alternate for a colloquium on Calvin Coolidge.  You know what that means...reading a huge packet of readings. :)  But also, the LONG TRAIL.  And more AT miles.   It's conveniently located in Killington, so a VT 4K, LT/AT miles, and learning.  Trifecta.  OH and I think the Leonids are peaking then too.  August will be awesome.  No, it will be in tents. 

This last week has been good.  And I am wallowing in it for as long as I can.  The future looks hard, but I have this.  Now about those 2 mountains I have 48 hours to complete...

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

No comments:

Post a Comment